What to Expect When You Call The Cotterall Law Firm About Your Case
Many people struggle to know when it is time to contact an attorney for help. Whether you are an individual who has suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one in an accident, or you are a local Tallahassee business owner who is dealing with an issue that is disrupting your day-to-day operations, if you are like most people, you will probably wait longer than you should to pick up the phone.
If you are struggling to decide whether you need an attorney, the fact that you are asking yourself this question means that it is probably worth giving someone a call. At The Cotterall Law Firm, we provide free initial consultations, and we are even available on weekends to speak with people about their legal needs. We understand that problems don’t just arise from 9 to 5, and we also understand that legal issues can create great amounts of stress in people’s lives. We live and work in Tallahassee, and we care what happens to the people and businesses in our community.
When Do I Need a Lawyer?
The only way to really know if you need a lawyer is to gain a thorough understanding of your situation. Legal issues are complex, and in many cases it can take years of experience handling similar types of cases in order to truly evaluate whether it makes sense to take legal action to protect your rights.
Some examples of circumstances where an experienced attorney may be able to help you include the following:
- You were injured in a car or truck accident. From dealing with your own insurer to filing a lawsuit against a national trucking company, there are many reasons to hire an attorney after an auto accident. At The Cotterall Law Firm, we can explain what you should (and shouldn’t) do in order to protect your claim to compensation.
- You were injured on someone else’s property. Slips, falls, and other accidents can lead to serious, and in many cases life-changing injuries. If you were hurt on someone else’s property, The Cotterall Law Firm can help you seek fair compensation for your medical bills and other losses.
- You were injured by a defective product. While we expect the products we buy to be safe, defective products cause thousands of injuries every year. A product may have a defective design, or there may have been a manufacturing error. Defective product cases are unique and require experienced legal representation.
- A loved one was killed in an accident. We hope nobody ever has to experience this type of loss, but we know that this unfortunately is not the case in the real world. If you have suffered the tragic and unexpected loss of a loved one, it is critical to obtain a thorough evaluation of your legal rights. If someone else is responsible for your loved one’s death, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for medical bills, funeral expenses, loss of income and other damages.
- You are involved in a business dispute. Business disputes can take many different forms, and in many cases business owners need to act quickly in order to prevent further harm. From contract breaches to intellectual property issues, getting an attorney involved early can help maximize your chances of minimizing the damage to your company’s reputation and its bottom line.
- Your insurance company is refusing to pay you. Insurance companies are in business to make money, and they will often go to great lengths to avoid paying amounts due under their policies. If you are having an issue collecting insurance proceeds, The Cotterall Law Firm can step in and deal with your insurance company on your behalf.
Remember, these are just examples. If you are in Tallahassee or elsewhere in North Florida and have questions about your legal rights, we encourage you give us a call to find out what we can do to help.
Contact The Cotterall Law Firm for a Free Consultation
When you call us, we don’t expect you to know if you need legal representation. We are here to help you understand your situation and assist in making informed decisions about whether you need to take legal action to protect or enforce your rights.
For a free consultation with an experienced attorney, please contact us today.