Experienced Legal Representation for Businesses in Tallahassee
The Cotterall Law Firm provides experienced legal representation for businesses in Tallahassee, FL. Located downtown, we are committed to helping our neighbors and other members of the local business community protect their assets and enforce their legal rights. If your business is facing a legal issue, or if another company is interfering with your business, we will strive to find a cost-effective solution that allows your business to move forward.
Common Business Tort Claims in Florida
With nearly 15 years of legal experience, attorney Bill Cotterall handles all types of business-related disputes. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty - In certain business dealings, parties are required to act with their counterparties’ best interests in mind. If your business has been harmed in a situation involving a conflict of interest, you may have a claim for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Fraud and Misrepresentation - Fraud and misrepresentation claims arise in situations where one person or entity intentionally makes false representations (or omits important information) in its business dealings with another party. Examples include a party providing false financial information or entering into a vendor relationship knowing that it will be unable (does not intend) to fully perform. Fraud and misrepresentation claims can arise during contract negotiations, after contract execution and in the absence of a contractual relationship.
- Theft of Trade Secrets - For many businesses, recipes, software code, product research, customer lists and other types of information are their most important assets. If a competitor has wrongfully gained access to your company’s trade secrets or confidential information, The Cotterall Law Firm can help you act quickly to protect your valuable intellectual property.
- Interference with Business Relationships - Competing businesses are prohibited by law from wrongfully interfering with one another’s contractual and non-contractual commercial relationships. If a competitor has used misrepresentations or other improper means to either acquire or cause an issue with one of your customers, vendors or employees, you may have a claim for tortious interference.
- Trademark Infringement and Unfair Competition - Whether a startup or other business is using your company’s logo, or a larger company has accused you of infringing one of its brands, trademark disputes can create uncertainty and cause significant damage to your company’s marketing efforts and customer goodwill. Trademark laws prohibit competing companies from using similar trademarks that create a “likelihood of confusion” or risk of deception in the marketplace. Unfortunately, many new companies do not do their research before choosing a trademark, and many larger companies overreach when seeking to preserve their competitive edge. At The Cotterall Law Firm, we help Tallahassee businesses protect their brands and stand up for their rights when faced with trademark disputes.
The Cotterall Law Firm | A Tallahassee Business Litigation Law Firm
For more information about how The Cotterall Law Firm can help your Tallahassee business, we invite you to contact us for a complimentary case evaluation. To speak with Tallahassee business torts attorney Bill Cotterall about your situation, please call (850) 391-9730 or send us your contact information online today.